Monday, April 13, 2009

Alaska Mission Trip Draws Closer

At this point, I'll be a basket case by June. The more the Alaska Missions Trip draws closer the more inspired I get.

Today I found the following URL. In case you want to be inspired too, I'm posting it here.
http://gbgm-umc.org/mission_programs/mp/6.20/mp.cfm?id=341

My hat is off to this lady for all the work she is doing. It's going to be a humbling, amazing experience to be working in this area for a week. I have so much to learn! I can't wait to get started.

Going on this trip seems surreal. A part of me genuinely can't believe it. Right after I was assaulted an opportunity like this would have looked like a far fetched fantasy.

Growing up, my reality was that going someplace like Alaska would have been great, for other people. It is not something that my family of origin would have believed in. My mother had a hard enough time coming to terms with the fact that I wanted to go to college. She would not have understood my desire for something more until later in her life.

That unwillingness to embrace life kept her locked in a cycle of unhappiness that lasted until right before she died.

Life is too short to waste it. I'm going to Alaska.

Is there something that you've been wanting to do? Don't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment