Monday, May 06, 2013

My embarrassing moment in Riceville...Kerplunk!

I had a great time at the Jones Chapel Ladies Conference on Saturday. We worshiped, prayed, sang, laughed and worshiped some more. Nothing indicated that it would be one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. The church rocked when the ladies sang "I'll fly away" and the dance team did an excellent job. It was a good day to be in Riceville, Tennessee.

If you were at the conference (or live in the Riceville area) you may have heard about my embarrassing moment. If not, then let me publicly clear it up for you.

Most of you know that I'm still struggling with an icky case of foot drop. Emergency surgery in January helped tremendously but the health challenge continues to me me wobbly sometimes. The ladies conference was one of those times.

The rampant tingly-numb feeling went down my leg right and then next thing I knew, I went down. Hitting the floor with me was my nearby stool, microphone, Bible and music stand. Talking about ending with a bang! When my daughter heard about it, her response was "Mom, only you have that kind of talent." Should I have told her that it's hereditary?

2 comments:

  1. Love your heart. I HOPE you're okay!! Saying a prayer for you, sweet Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Debbie. The prayers are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete