Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Michael's Casual Dining, Athens, Tennessee


We have lived in the Athens, TN area for a little over two years.  In that time we went to Michale’s Casual Dining once before they moved from their location on Congress Parkway near Decatur Pike to their new location on Congress Parkway closer to County Road 305.  Our first trip to the new location was on Father’s Day last year and it was very crowded and the wait was rather long.

Since then we have been two or three times and I really enjoyed their Bourbon Medallions topped with sautéed mushrooms and bourbon sauce.  I am a very fussy eater and when I find something I like, I stick with it.

 

Recently we went to Michael’s for an early dinner and I was primed for their Bourbon Medallions and that is what I ordered, along with a Baked Potato and a Salad of only greens with French Dressing. My husband thought it sounded good so he ordered the same meal, except his Salad would be with the works.

 

Our server didn’t write anything down, which always scares me.  When she brought out the salads, mine was not what I ordered.  I told the server I asked for only lettuce and she apologized and brought out the correct salad.  The salads were fresh and the greens were crisp I’ll give them that!

The salads were crisp and fresh!

When she approached the next time it was to tell us they didn’t have any more Beef Medallions.  Well, it was turning out to be a disappointing visit.  She said the cook suggested the sirloin steak and he would put the mushrooms and sauce on it.  We decided to take that suggestion and asked for the meat to be cooked medium well.

 

There was entertainment that particular day.  There were three flies that kept flying around the window sill where we were seated.  I begged them to go bother someone else, but there was only two other customers at that time! 

 

Finally, after a lengthy wait, the new version of Bourbon Medallions was served and it looked good…..are you expecting a but?  BUT - It was well done and it certainly didn’t taste like the ‘real’ Bourbon Medallions that I’d enjoyed at other times.  Since my husband never had the ‘real thing’ he said it tasted alright to him. 


It looked good, but it wasn't so wonderful

 

To top it off, that was my birthday dinner.  It was disappointing all around and I don’t know if we will go back to Michael’s again. 

 

There is an old saying, “You can’t judge a book by its cover.”  The same goes for food, the photo of the steak dinner may look good, but it didn’t make the grade taste-wise!

 

I am sure many of you have eaten there and enjoyed it, that’s great.  I do believe that it is important to share the good and the bad of a restaurant.  It’s up to you how you use that information.  You can visit their website here.

 

Michael’s Casual Dining

95 Congress Parkway North

Athens, TN

 

Or

 

Michale’s Casual Dining

862 Tennessee  Avenue

Etowah, TN

 


Photos belong to AbbyG

No comments:

Post a Comment