Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Product Review: Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver

I belong to a site called CrowdTap where members get to express their opinions on products and sometimes receive free products to try out.  One such product is the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver.  I wasn’t lucky enough to receive this product for free but I was curious enough that I did purchase a set.


Since I couldn’t find this product in my local grocery store or Walmart, I did find it on Amazon.com.  I bought the two-piece set which includes one small size which holds 2.5 cups and one large size which holds 17.3 cups.  The price, for Amazon Prime members, is $19.98 with free shipping.  

Sometimes to save money you have to spend some.  In this case spending the $19.98 is allowing me to keep vegetables and fruits in the fridge for a longer period of time compared to storing them in other type containers or in store packaging. 

I have several of the old Tupperware containers that hold a head of lettuce.  Unfortunately, we don’t plant that kind of lettuce, we plant leaf lettuce. Using the large Rubbermaid FreshWorks container I am able to lay those lettuce leaves flat, they don’t get crushed and it is very easy to work with.  This product claims to keep products fresh 80 percent longer than if you store things in their original packaging.  They fit nicely in my fridge and they are very easy to open and close.


One large isn’t enough for me as I have a lot of veggies from the garden.  Recently we were in a Publix grocery store and they had them.  Since I really needed another of the large size I bought one and paid almost $17, so the price at Amazon.com is a bargain!    But now I have them for life and I am glad I bought them.

Currently I have leaf lettuce in one large container and Swiss chard in the other.  I used the small container for blueberries and they remained fresh for a long period of time.  I am very pleased with this product.  I will give it an A+ rating!




You can read more about the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver at Amazon or here at the Rubbermaid site.  Again, once you make the initial investment you will forever save money by using these Rubbermaid containers.


Photos belong to AbbyG

No comments:

Post a Comment