Sunday, February 08, 2009

Taken The Movie Human Trafficking

My family and I went to see the movie Taken last night. It stars Liam Neeson, Maggie Grace, Leland Orser, Anjul Nigam and Jon Gries. The film is quickly paced and full of violence.

Because of my work for Hope for Healing.Org it is impossible for me not to like this film.

Taken is built around the theme of human trafficking. Hopefully, this film will generate dinnertable discussion in homes around the globe. The movie worked so well as an awareness raiser that I almost expected to see the hotline number shown as the credits rolled.

Some estimates state that almost 1 million people are trafficked annually. The US is not immune.

In case you don't have it the number is: 1.888.3737.888

For more information visit: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/trafficking/about/victim_assist.html

No comments:

Post a Comment