Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Frugal Living Tip Tire Pressure Makes a Difference

In this day and age everyone is cutting back where we can. Common sense tells us to buy items on sale, conserve trips and generally reduce, reuse and recycle.

Recently, I read where tire pressure could affect gas mileage. If the tires are underinflated it can cost you more in gas mileage. Not being a car expert I did some checking. Then, I inflated my tires. Guess what? The experts are right. It did help my gas mileage.

Since air is free (sometimes) and gas isn't this can really add up. According to Edumunds.Com keeping your tires inflated to the proper pressure can help you save up to $800 a year on fuel. For a frugal living tip, tire pressure can really make a difference.

What will I do with an $800 a year savings? I'm sure my college age daughters will help me think of something. In the meantime, check out these articles for more information.

http://www.edmunds.com/help/about/press/126299/article.html

No comments:

Post a Comment