Saturday, May 09, 2009

Knox County Public Libraries Reason to Love Knoxville

Knox County Public Libraries are a good reason to love Knoxville. I recently had the opportunity to write a freelance article on Knox County Libraries. This gave me the chance to rediscover all that our library system has to offer.

I have fond childhood of memories of going to the (now defunct) library in the West Haven Shopping center. The thrill of having my very own library card made me feel grown-up. I couldn't wait to fill my arms with books!

If you haven't been to the library in awhile you should go. Libraries don't just have books anymore. They have media, books on CD, events, meeting rooms and of course, they still have books!

As an adult, my favorite branch is the Carter Library. This branch has a friendly, helpful librarian named Melanie. She went the extra mile to help me find a craft book that I needed. And, she always does that. It's as if she can read my mind and picture the book I need. If you go to the Carter Library be sure to tell her hello for me.

Writing the freelance article helped me rediscover the Knox County Public Library system. It is a veritable treasure trove that is just waiting to be utilized.

If you've not been to the library lately you should go. Better yet, take the kids and enjoy some family quality time together. Don't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment