Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Have you heard of wedding insurance

Yesterday I posted about my search for economical wedding ideas. My daughter has chosen her colors but that’s about it. We are still in the very early stages of planning.

 The type of gown, venue and lots of other things are very much up in the air. There’s no doubt that some of your experiences and ideas will be helpful. If anyone wants to toss economical ideas this way we’re glad to have them.

I mentioned photographers in my post and when a friend saw that she called me. Until that phone call, I had only heard about wedding insurance once before.  According to her, a photographer made a scheduling error and did not show up for her cousin’s event.  

She strongly suggested having friends around who could act as photographers in a pinch. Everyone wants pictures of their marriage ceremony. Having back-up photo gurus sounds like a great idea to me.

Trying on another gown.
But, she really called to tell me that her cousin’s wedding insurance would have covered the photography deposit if she’d had trouble getting her money back. That, my dear readers, completely blew me away.

Truthfully, it never crossed my mind that wedding insurance existed. My assumption was that whatever venue my daughter chooses will have a policy. Being able to get wedding insurance coverage for a photographer or caterer not showing up would never have hit my radar screen.

So, what I’m wondering is if any of my blog followers has ever heard of this. I would like to hear from some others who have had this kind of insurance policy. What are the pros and cons about insurance, does it cover the wedding only or the rehearsal dinner too… that sort of thing.

If anyone wants to share what they know about wedding insurance we’re all ears. Please email me or leave a message in the comments section. Thanks in advance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment