Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Tennessee Valley Fair is setting up in Knoxville

The Tennessee Valley Fair is setting up in Knoxville. Hubby and I went down to Chilhowee Park today to enter our work in the photography contest. The vendors were hard at work getting the rides and booths ready for fair goers. Watching the rides go up took me back to my erector-set days (except on a much grander scale). Kids don't play with those anymore but I adored mine.

Friday marks the opening day of the Tennessee Valley Fair for 2012. It's now in it's 93rd year and I'm told that for the first 93 minutes the admission will only be $1.00.

Tennessee Valley Fair set-up 2012
Last year, I expected opening day and cheap prices would bring people out in droves. Not so! The line moved very fast and the fair in Knoxville was much less crowded than anticipated.

Hubby and I paid the cheap admission price and got a prime parking spot that only cost $5.00. We were on our way to the Jacob Building and the Kerr Building for less than the cost of a movie ticket.

Speaking of tickets (and discounts)...

Adults cost $9.00, kids age 6 -11 get in for $6 (it's free for kids age 5 and under). Seniors pay $7.00. Do you belong to the zoo? Adults will get a $2.00 discount. Show your membership card or ticket to the Knoxville Zoo at the gate for the Tennessee Valley Fair.

Friday seems like it's going to take forever to get here. Be sure to say hello if you see me at the Tennessee Valley Fair. I can't wait for opening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment