Monday, March 19, 2018

My new RV washing machine and spin dryer - review and demo

I'm loving my new rv washing machine. No more lugging my clothes across the campground. No more getting to the laundromat and realizing my quarters are at the camp site. A little more work is involved than with a traditional washing machine. The clothes have to rinsed in a separate go-round and the put in the spin dryer to dry and you need to drain the water yourself. That's a small price to pay for the convenience. It looks like the washer will pay for itself in about 8-9 loads - about what we do on a mission trip or drive to Alaska.

I was a little skeptical about the dryer. There are a lot of YouTube videos on the portable washing machine, but none that gave a before and after weight comparison. The information would have helped me, so I did that in the video. You'll be shocked at the before and after comparison.

Finding out it will run on my solar system made my day. We use a Renogy 100 watt panel and house batteries. How well it works on your system depends on the size of the inverter and the batteries that you use. But, it can work. That opens up possibilities for boondocking and doing laundry when the power is out. I paid $94.99 for it on Amazon including the shipping cost.





No comments:

Post a Comment