Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ALDI Grocery Store Opens in Knoxville

What an unusual shopping experience that was! Hubby and I went to ALDI to try it out. Another Associated Content writer put me onto it and boy am I glad!

There is one thing though. ALDI is only open until 8:00 pm! We sneaked in about 30 minutes before closing. The place was packed! It's a good thing that the parking lot is large and easy to navigate. We managed to catch a car as it was leaving. Lucky us! We got to park close to the door!

We noticed that ALDI was unusual right off the bat. The experience starts at the shopping carts. These are right outside the door. Put your quarter into the slot and remove the chain. Then, you are ready to shop. Don't worry. When you bring the cart back you get your quarter back. It's their way of making sure the carts aren't scattered across the parking lot.

Once you go in it's like shopping in a warehouse. The boxes are stacked neatly on the shelves. For cans and jars the boxes are cut down so you can get to the contents. Neat!

This has to be the cleanest store that I have ever been in. Everything was tidy despite being slammed.

Yet, even though the lines were long checkout was a breeze. This is different too. You either bring your own bags or you buy them. Go environment!

Speaking of bags, bagging your groceries is a do-it-yourself kind of job.

All this cuts costs. Speaking of which, ALDI did seem to be lower priced that most other grocery stores. For the most part, the brands are different that I'm used to buying. It will be interesting to try them out.

I can't say that I'd make a special trip to go to ALDI. If I am in the neighborhood I will definitely stop in.

No comments:

Post a Comment