Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our day in Sevierville, Tennessee

About a week ago my family and I and decided to spend a day in Sevierville. If you aren't familiar with it the town is in the mountains of East Tennessee. If you are coming from Knoxville you'll pass through here on the way to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg. The town offers lots of outlets, shops and attractions. You'll never run out of things to do when you visit  here.

Sevierville, TN 2010
The photo below is one that we took just on the outskirts of town. As many times as I've been to Sevierville, I've never seen it look like this. The contrast of the snow covered peaks with the valley made for a breathtaking scene. It took some work to find the perfect parking lot from which to take the photo but finally we did.

I think that the result of the photo speaks for itself. You are looking at the courthouse tower against the mountain backdrop. The scene was so pretty that it was hard to tear ourselves away.

Next, we headed over to the family friendly Apple Barn for dinner. It's is one of my favorite Sevierville restaurants. Here you can grab a bite to eat, relax and shop some more. Right now, it's all decorated for the holidays. I thought that their Christmas shop had the best selection of Christmas ornaments that I've found so far this season.

After dinner, we headed over to Pigeon Forge to see the Winterfest Lights in Patriot Park. I enjoy seeing this display every year. It's a wonderful tribute to our military.

It all made for a refreshing day out. Look for my article about the Apple Barn to come out in a few days. I hope we get to visit Sevierville again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment