Monday, January 30, 2012

TVA Melton Hill Dam and my warm memories

The TVA Melton Hill Dam has always been a fun place for me to go. I have fond memories of going fishing there with my grandfather. Whether we caught anything was always secondary to spending time with him. Let it rain if it would. When we'd gather up the tackle boxes, fishing poles and head to the dam it was always a good day.

Judging from my last visit to Melton Hill Dam there were other people who felt the same way. The huge 103 ft structure creates a reservoir that draws people from all over East Tennessee. Families, couples and individuals were all out enjoying the weather.

With over 130 miles of shoreline the reservoir offers more than fishing. It has one of the most popular rowing courses in the area. There are two boat ramps, year round camping and trails.

If you are looking for a place to get outdoors this weekend the TVA Melton Hill Dam may be the place to be. Be sure to say hello if you see me there

More:
Indian Boundary Campground on the Cherohala
Carver's Gap in the Pisgah National Forest

No comments:

Post a Comment