Sunday, January 29, 2012

Yellowstone National Park Yankee Jim Canyon

Yankee Jim Canyon is said to contain some of the best whitewater rapids in Yellowstone National Park. The section from Gardiner to Yankee Jim is popular for fishing. I'm told that the trout fishing here is excellent.

It seems that it has rained on my first visit to every national park that I've visited. This trip was not the exception. The skies opened with full force in early afternoon on our trip to Yellowstone National Park.

See the white spots in the photo? Those are rain drops that were hitting the camera lens.

We didn't get to see much of the Yankee River Canyon  but what we saw was incredible. We're hoping for better weather on our next trip.

I'm also hoping to find out why it's a historic site. Searching the net didn't show up much of anything. Here's hoping some of my readers can fill me in. Leave me a message in the comments section please.


Articles with more about Yellowstone National Park.
Thermal photos and information
Beryl Spring

No comments:

Post a Comment