Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Chrysler PT Cruiser rocks

Any Chrysler PT Cruiser owner who sees this Bloomberg Business article about rentals is going to see red. If  the author of the article had driven a PT Cruiser for more than a couple of days, then he might have fallen in love with it.  As an owner, the Chrysler PT Cruiser was my choice over an SUV, lightweight truck or a sedan. I think it might be the best vehicle that Chrysler ever made.

Let me proudly say that my little car has 279,000 miles on it. Like any other vehicle with this many miles, it has had its share of repairs. Yes, it does currently need a new engine.

Before you start to criticize my preference for a PT Cruiser think of these experiences.


It has been from Tennessee to:

  • Alaska (This was over 11,000 miles round trip.)
  • Across Canada
  • Indiana
  • Illinois
  • South Dakota
  • North Dakota
  • Nebraska
  • Montana
  • Wyoming
And we've taken the PT Cruiser to:
  • Walt Disney World (twice)
  • Washington, DC ( a few times)
  • Kentucky (more than a few times)
  • Georgia
  • North Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Maryland
Then there have been routine trips from Knoxville to Nashville, Chattanooga, Kingsport, Sycamore Shoals, Bristol etc... I drove it from Jacksboro to Knoxville for work for over a year. I'm convinced that the PT Cruiser handled a day-long fierce downpour of hurricane remnants as well as any SUV.  It's been on snow and ice.

We've been able to pack the PT Cruiser for vacations, work related trips and to bring a couch home. Instead of using an SUV or Hubby's pick-up truck I've carried a 6 ft. mirror, linoleum, wedding decorations and probably a bunch of things that I forgot.

Plus, we used the PT Cruiser when we moved and then when we moved again. We also used it to move my daughter in and out of her dorm several times. It's also made a few trips on the U.S. 129 Highway known as the "Tail of the Dragon".  Did I mention that U.S. 129 is one of the most dangerous roads in America?

PT Cruiser got us through
Gas mileage is another reason to like my PT Cruiser. We have gotten 35 mpg on the highway. Depending on how often we're stopped in traffic the city mpg is car usually 20-22.

We've owned sedans, station wagons, a pick-up truck and two mini-vans. This has definitely been the car for us. With all this (plus style and comfort) is there any reason not to travel or drive a Chrysler PT Cruiser? I don't think so. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment