Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Fantastic Fun Fall Food Festivals – Tennessee 2017




I don’t know about you, but when we travel our main goal is to eat.  I don’t mean just eat for the heck of it, but to eat something different that we can’t find in our neck of the woods.

I will often hear or read about a restaurant and look it up online.  I check the location and the menu and see if there are comments on Trip Advisor.  If it all lines up I check to see what other restaurants are in the same area.  If the stars align, then do a search for a rental cabin. 




Now, some of you I’m sure will be visiting Tennessee at some point.  If you are into food like we are, I found an article that details locations across the state that have food festivals that might be right up your alley, or right up your taste buds!

I know, out-of-state folks think Tennessee is only known for BBQ or Moon Pies, maybe so.  But there are other foods to be proud of.  Banana pudding is a southern favorite and I imagine for Sunday dinner many folks end their meal with it made from an old family recipe.  You can visit Centerville, TN October 7-8, 2017 for their 'National Banana Pudding Festival'. 

Not a fan of banana pudding, maybe The 'Unicoi AppleFestival' is more up your alley.  Stop in and check out the apples October 6-7, 2017.  Remember, an apple a day keeps the doctor away!  While enjoying this red delight you will be entertained as music will also be provided at this annual festival in Unicoi, TN.

There is a festival in Charleston, TN called the International 'Cowpea Festival and Cookoff'.  So, if you are a big fan of cowpeas you might want to head over to Charleston on September 9, 2017.  According to what I read, cowpeas are black-eyed peas, but I will have to take their word for it.  I am a Yankee transplant living in the south and I do eat my black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day for luck, but I am not sure how they earned a festival!!  Maybe this is the year I’ll check out hat festival and find out for sure. 



Here are some more food festivals in 2017 with the links to more information:


Photo courtesy of Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment