Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Experience at Dental Works in Knoxville Powell Location

Among several area locations, Dental Works of Knoxville has a location in the shopping center of Wal-Mart on Clinton Hwy. in Powell. It is easy to get into and out of. The shopping center has plenty of parking.

I am one of the millions of people in the US who do not have a regular dentist. Our health insurance picks up routine cleanings  at 100% but everything else is picked up at 50%. At nearly every visit the dentist finds more work to be done than the 100% covers. This is practically impossible on our family budget so I stopped going. Hubby's company also moves him frequently which compounds the problem.

When a tooth started bothering me so I called local dentists but couldn't get into one for 2 weeks. My tooth worsened while waiting for the appointment. In the middle of the night I began searching the internet for help. That's how I found Dental Works of Knoxville.

They advertised a 24 hour toll-free number so I called them. The operator was knowledgeable and friendly.  She patiently answered all my questions and took my insurance information. Dental Works took all of my insurance information over the phone. All I had to do upon arrival was let them copy my card.

Office staff were just as friendly as the operator on the phone. I was asked to fill out a few forms and have a seat in the comfortable waiting room. In about 10 minutes the hygienist came for me. She ushered me into a room, explained what needed to be done to assess my pain, answered all of my questions and took some x-rays. It was quick and as painless as possible.

The doctor spoke English well. After evaluating me she explained the situation. The hygienist came back in with an itemized statement so that I would know the cost up-front. They allowed me to opt out of anything that I felt was too expensive. I didn't feel pressured to make a costly decision that I wasn't comfortable with.

I left the Dental Works Knoxville location in Powell feeling confident in their services. They seemed to do a great job and I liked the up-front itemization. It was nice to have finally found the right dentist.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment