Friday, June 18, 2010

Magic Kingdom

Post by Ashley Morrison

Ever since I was a child, I always wanted to see Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in person. I never stopped dreaming that a perfect opportunity would soon arrive for me which could make this a reality. Living in the Midwest, the opportunity did not present itself at a young age. But last weekend, the moment I was waiting for arrived. I was fortunate enough to win free VIP Tour Service tickets from our company's summer raffle promo. My friends were all astounded as I screamed when the number of my raffle ticket was mentioned. They had no idea that I have always wanted to go to these famous theme park.

I packed my bag early in preparation for my three day stay at the park. As the clock hit 8am; I set my Winston Salem ADTsecurity system and traveled towards Magic Kingdom. As I entered its premises, I felt like I was back in my childhood days. I almost forgot that I was in my late twenties and hurried towards the direction of the Castle Age in Fantasy Land . I was in search of Mickey Mouse, and was disappointed when I realized that he was not there. Instead I met Cinderella and Snow White. They suggested I go to the Judge's Tent at Mickey's Toontown Fair to meet him.

I saw a long line of children waiting to talk to Mickey, but this did not stop me from falling in line. "Patience is a virtue" so I stood there until I was able to meet him. I really felt pleased when he mentioned my name. I asked that our picture be taken and kissed him on his cheeks.

My stay at Magic Kingdom is truly a dream come true. Not only was I able to meet Mickey but I was also able to stay at The Villas in the Wilderness Lodge. I watched my favorite Disney Movie under the stars and rode the different rides available that day. It was a trying experience, yet the satisfaction was incomparable to anything in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment