Monday, June 07, 2010

The St. Louis Arch

Guest posted by Heather Kramer

I had lived in St. Louis for a little over a month before I decided that I needed to check out the arch. I had only been to this monument once when I was a little girl, but I had never been up to the top. I decided to go with a friend on a day when the weather was particularly nice. I had some reservations about taking the pod all the way up to the top of the Arch, but decided that the view would be worth it.  Once we got down to the park surrounding the Arch, I realized just how high up we were planning on going.

The experience of traveling in the pod like elevator up to the top of the Arch was nerve racking. Especially for someone that does not like close, tight spaces. Upon getting to the top and looking out over the city and river, I realized that it was totally worth it. The view was amazing. The view from the St. Louis Arch is not the only great thing to experience. The museum on St. Louis history is just as amazing. With so much information, the museum underneath the Arch was one of my favorite parts of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment