Tuesday, June 07, 2011

My visit to the Tanger Outlet Mall in Sevierville, TN

This is my first post on the redesigned Blogger. Counting the nonprofit blog I've been posting here for over 5 years. It's always been fun to write here. We'll see how the redesign works out.

In the meantime let's talk about my recent trip to Sevierville. If  you have ever been through East Tennessee you've probably heard of this town. If not then maybe you've heard of Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge? If you haven't then maybe this post will cause you to look them up.

We decided to 'seize the day' on Friday and head for the hills. My older daughter decided she wanted some new tennis shoes so our first stop was to Reebok in the Tanger Outlet Mall. She found just what she was looking for. Not only did the shoes fit well but they looked great. Want to know the best part? Our AAA membership saved us 30%! Rockport gives the same discount. We know where we'll be buying shoes next.

It's too bad that Lenox outlet didn't offer the same discount. My daughter was able to find a terrific wedding gift there. I can't say what it is because her friend reads the blog. Let's suffice it to say that her friend will love it.

The Lenox Outlet in Tanger is a dangerous place for me. My eyes are bigger than my pocketbook. I found a lovely guestbook set that we can use for my daughter's wedding. A vase and some Gorham crystal caught my eye. See what I mean about the pocketbook? At least the prices are better here than elsewhere.

In addition to the AAA membership another thing helped with affordability. If you march yourself into the Tanger Outlet office they will give you a free coupon book. It's filled with coupons for lots of stores and offered great values. I'll have to be sure we pick one up next time too.

After leaving the Tanger Outlet in Sevierville we decided to drive through Pigeon Forge and through Gatlinburg to hit the Roaring Fork Nature Trail.  The drive is supposed to take an hour. If I hadn't stopped for photos so often we might have made it.

After the drive we headed back to Sevierville to meet our younger daughter and her fella for dinner. Our choice was the Apple Barn. When it comes to a family restaurant this place is pretty hard to beat. Hubby and I usually order the fried chicken and share it. There is an extra charge for sharing but the fee comes with an extra bowl of soup, an extra julep and more side dishes. Oh, and did I mention dessert?

If you go to the Apple Barn be sure to go hungry. You are sure to take a box or bag home with you.

We had a great time on our single day getaway. If you're in East Tennessee you may want to head on over to Sevier County. For locals, it's a relatively inexpensive vacation and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment