Tuesday, November 01, 2011

How Walden.edu might fit my travel writing schedule

Traveling isn't only one of my passions it is also how I supplement my income. Writing travel reviews here on Youve Been Reviewed and for online writing sites helps me pay bills and provides some freedom.

Update: 10/6/18 This article was written several months ago when I was first deciding where to attend college. Instead of attending an online school, I opted for my local community college. The offline courses have kept me at home more, but the tuition is free and that's a major factor. Because a couple of people said they benefitted from the article, it makes sense to leave it up. However, I wanted to return with an update in the interest of full disclosure.

Now, back to the original article...

Travel writing takes me on the road quite a bit. My Disney World articles outlines my experience at the theme park. You can find a lot of information on this blog about how we did Disney without the kids. My insights will hopefully help you make your next trip a magical adventure. You can also read about my drive through the Canadian wildnerness to Alaska and about journeys closer to home. But what does this mean for my college education?

I enjoy being a travel writer, but I also have plans to go back to school. How will I fit everyting in? That's where an online school like Walden University might be beneficial. An online school will allow me to work on the road while completing my degree at the same time. I'm also looking into classes at Pellissippi State. This is a local community college that offers an expanding array of online courses.   

Schedule flexibility is important. Needing to have someone with me means working around Hubby's schedule and the schedule of my kids. That's why, if I ever want to go back to school someplace like WaldenU.edu is going to be at the top of my list.

I've been surprised at how often internet is available on my travels. On our drive to Alaska I couldn't help but notice that internet access was easier to find than a cell phone signal. My Mi-Fi is nice to have but WI-FI is also available in many campgrounds.

That's what makes Walden University's online degree programs a possibility. They not only have flexibility but they offer classes that sound interesting. The combination is one that is worth considering. Learning different languages would certainly be a plus for me! You can click here if you would like to learn about Walden.

I'm not sure about going back to school. I have discussed this with my family so it is on my radar screen. Right now I like being able to bring travel stories to you from my pop-up camper, home office and on the road. Who knows what the future holds?

No comments:

Post a Comment