Thursday, February 23, 2012

Morristown Cherokee Park in Hamblen County

I mistakenly thought that Panther Creek State Park was the only park campground in the Morristown, Tennessee area. Then recently, a friend showed me the error of my ways by telling me about Cherokee Park. Naturally enough, I set out to look for it on my next adventure to Morristown.

The 85-site campground is along the lakeshore. The marina behind Cherokee Park. Primitive tent sites are $15 per day and the RV sites with hook-ups are only $20. That's a pretty good deal by almost anyone's standards.

There's a lot here that will keep kids entertained. Youngsters can play on the playgrounds and youth might enjoy the volleyball court and horseshoe pits. There are a couple of picnic areas and pavilions.

It seems to be an older campground but things looked to be in good condition. Signage was good. Cherokee Park may be worth a closer look when spring rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment