Sunday, March 04, 2012

Welcome to Macon, Georgia; rest area sign

Hubby and I saw this at the rest area for Macon, Georgia. We thought it was cute and had some fun with it. Unfortunately, no one was nearby that we could ask to take a photo of both of the two of us. I don't know who had the idea to create this but it was a good one. There is no way that you can forget about stopping in Macon.

Macon is on the way to Hubby's favorite place on earth - Walt Disney World. It's a safe bet that we'll be going through the town again. When we do, we may have to stop in town to see what else it has to offer. If this sign is any indication, seeing Macon will be a fun stop.

Here are a couple of places that we visited on our last trip through. You might just want to check out these links.

Fried Green Tomatoes movie set; Juliette, Georgia
Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge

Both of these stops are close to each other. Neither are far from Macon, Georgia. Visiting both of them took half a day. I would allow a full day to see Macon, visit the movie set of Fried Green Tomatoes and visit the wildlife refuge. It should be a fun experience.

2 comments:

  1. Gayle,

    A woman after my own heart. I do love to travel too. I look forward to looking further into your blog. I am also grateful to you for your offer of southern hospitality when I make to your part of the US. I will be in Gatlinburg around April 4th, give or take a day. I also have a Twitter account. You can find me as Adventure_Queen and my facebook page is ATJann2012. See you next month perhaps if you are around and not off gallivanting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to extending the hospitality and hope you enjoy this part of the US. The spring flowers should make for a beautiful trek. I wish you well and am off to follow you on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete