Thursday, July 19, 2012

Historic building in Columbia, SC

Discovering historic sites was one of my favorite parts of visiting the Columbia, South Carolina area. The next best thing was to take in architectural sites that replicated the older styles that help make Columbia famous. There is enough history here that the whole city could be on the National Register of Historic Places.

 The city dates back to the early formation of the United States. Later on, it literally became a hot bed of civil war activity as Sherman marched to the sea.

This is a photo of what I was told is the courthouse in Columbia. We didn't find a parking place that enabled us to get close enough to verify or deny.

I thought that it was interesting and snapped the photo. If someone can give me the information on it I'd appreciate it.

Let me know by email or by leaving a comment below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment