Saturday, September 08, 2012

Tennessee Valley Fair and my winning husband

The Tennessee Valley Fair opened in Knoxville at 3:00 p.m. on Friday and Hubby and I were there just after the gates swung open. Admission was only $1.00 for the first 93 minutes. That price makes the fair one of the cheapest events anywhere. The gate entrance price was pretty cool but the photography competition is what drew us to the Tennessee Valley Fair.
Tennessee Valley Fair photography competition
This is one of those events that Hubby tries to participate in every year. He is a huge photography buff. (Here's the review of his camera.) I'm a little behind the learning curve but I am slowly catching on.

Although he has entered for years, this was second time to participate. Naturally, he outdid me and I am officially jealous. (The photo of the guy standing in the blue ribbon area is my husband.)




Award winning photograph
Participating in the photography competition at the Tennessee Valley Fair in Knoxville is as educational as it is fun. Comparing your work to the winners gives you ideas on what the judges look for. If you want to improve your work, then the comparison is one of the best ways to learn.

Competitive events aren't the only pull to visit the Tennessee Valley Fair. Some people come for the thrill of the brightly colored, fast spinning, jaw dropping rides. Judging from the screams and squeals, everyone seemed to have a good time.

I'll take their word for it though. Look for me in the Jacobs Building or Kerr Building where the air conditioning and competitive events are. These are the things that I like the best at the Tennessee Valley Fair in Knoxville. How about you? What is your favorite area?

No comments:

Post a Comment