Sunday, January 16, 2011

Waterman Pens for Graduation Gifts

A friend of ours is graduating soon. Whoot! Whoot! I'm very much looking forward to graduation. It will be a joy to see this person walk across the stage. The battle to get a diploma is always hard fought. The question is deciding what to get this person for a graduation gift.

Eons ago when I graduated from high school the desired gift was either money or a special Waterman pen. Now, I am not a waterman expert. Knowing if these are even in style or which one to purchase is going to take some research for me.

From the graduation of my own daughters I know that cold hard cash is always welcome. Luggage was also among the potential items and is a good choice for newly married couples too. 

One of the things that makes graduation gift buying complicated is that the plans graduates have are often in flux. Deciding what to do with your life is always a fluid process. Many supposed adults are still finding their way.

I guess the thing about pens is that they have staying power. You don't have to be a waterman expert to know that. These are understated elegant gifts that should last for years. They aren't flashy but they make a statement. The more I look at possible graduation gifts the more I like the idea of going back to Watermen pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment