Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Wedding planning udpate

A lot of people have been asking for a wedding planning update. We've not been able to get as much done as I'd hoped. Some health challenges have put me a little bit behind. I have been able to get Sam to make some decisions which have really been helpful.

John had a meeting the other day and I had errands to run. The poor guy decided to meet with a friend at Calhoun's to help me with my errand running. Isn't it nice of him to make the sacrifice? 

Wedding cake I made for a friend.
After the meeting he ran to the bookstore to look at communion bulletins and reference materials for church. I decided to tag along for this leg of the day and look at wedding bulletins. Do you know how many different colors and styles there are to choose from? Samantha is going to have to pick out her own. After all, a few decisions have to be left to the bride.

Speaking of which, we have a wedding date but not a venue. Cades Cove is still on the list as a possible location. She's also looking at a couple of churches in Knoxville. Hopefully she'll look at Oakwood UMC where Hubby and I got married. It would make me happy for her to walk down the aisle at the church that holds such significance for us.

We're going to hold off about picking out the wedding gown until this fall. I'd like to take Sam and the bridesmaids shopping in New York City for the wedding dress. They'll have fun. At the very best she'll find one there. At the very worst we'll walk around Times Square. Either way she will have the traditional wedding shopping trip to look forward to.

It's a good thing that we have a year to get this planned. I'm afraid it will take me two years to get all the wedding planning done.  

1 comment:

  1. It amazes me that you're doing so much of the planning. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete