Monday, July 04, 2011

My thanks to our veterans and plans this July 4

I am greatful to all the men and women in the armed forces who make it possible for us in the U.S. to enjoy the freedoms that we have. What heroes! You have my gratitude for what you do. Neither of our daughters made the cut or they would be right there with you. To our military, where ever you are serving, I hope that you have a safe holiday and a good one.

My family and I are looking forward to celebrating the holiday today. Things have been so busy around here that Hubby has yet to take a day off.

Tonight, we get to celebrate July 4th together in Oak Ridge tonight. The community band starts at 7:30. The husband of a friend of mine is a part of the band. I can honestly say that they always do an excellent joy. We think that hearing them is a real treat.

As for the rest of the evening, it's my understanding that the fireworks will kick off at around 10:00 pm. It's hard not to enjoy the fireworks displays. If all goes well I hope to have a clip of the show up on my blog afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment