Monday, September 12, 2011

Choice Hotels promo helps me earn free nights

Choice Hotels promo helps me earn free nights and their fall promotion helps me get those free nights faster. It's probably one of the hotel brands that I stay in the most.  I really enjoy the Choice Hotels reward program. Comfort Inn hotels seem to be pretty consistent and their reward program has helped me earn several free nights for work or for vacation.

So far, my family has stayed in Kentucky, Georgia, Virginia and Tennessee by using the points. The amount of points needed for a free night varies by location. A promotion like this one puts me on the way to a free night even faster.

To get the rewards you have to be a Choice Privileges member or become one. The sign up process is easy. Just go to this link for the Choice Hotels website and register. It only takes a minute. Then, make your reservation online to earn the points.

The more that you stay the faster the points will accumulate. If the brand is cost effective when I travel for work I try to reserve an  EconoLodge, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn or Sleep Inn. The points are helpful for the nonproft that I work with.

Plus, Choice Hotels has another way to help nonprofits, They've teamed up with iGive.com. A small donation is made for reservations that are booked through the iGive portal. It isn't much at any one time but it helps them out. It doesn't cost any extra for me to help the charity and it makes me feel good.

You do need to know that promotions offered by Choice Hotels can and do change. The information on their website is the most up-to-date. Always check to see what the latest promotion is before booking your room. They usually have something good in store.

Share your thoughts on the Choice Privileges program with others. If you use the program let me know how it works for you. The comments section is always available. Happy traveling!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links and positive feedback on this program. Always nice to hear first-hand when something is helpful. rcj

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did not have such good luck with this program and would encourage others to look elsewhere for discounts or money saving options. On our vacation to the western US this summer we spent 6 nights in mid-priced Choice Hotels. After the sixth night we had earned only enough points to stay in one of their least expensive hotels with only a handful of remote locations to choose from. BUYER PLEASE BEWARE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your experience. It's good to have many opinions and I'm glad to have your input. Although it works for me, no program works for everyone. It also makes sense that there could be regional differences.

    My free nights have all in the southeast. I've gotten free nights in Mainstay Suites (twice), Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn. Other than an occasional Comfort Inn or Quality Inn they're the brands I use most often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to stay at Choice Hotels until we had difficulty receiving credit for our stays. Points expire when they are not used and bookings must be made by the person on the account. Husbands can't book for their wives and vice/versa. We started looking at other hotels and quite frankly, have had better service at reasonable prices with other chains.

    ReplyDelete