Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall color photos from Cherokee National Forest in TN

Here are some fall color photos from the Cherokee National Forest in Tennessee. I took these over the weekend of October 7 & 8, 2011. The colors were just beginning to display in the higher elevations of the mountains. There isn't much in the way of fall color in the valley yet but it's coming.

Cherokee National Forest fall foliage 2011
One of my favorite things to do is to take a fall color road trip to explore the Tennessee mountains. The Appalachian Mountains cover much of the eastern part of the state and give us plenty of opportunities to see the fall foliage.

It's becoming ever more important for me to be able to enjoy nature from the car. I'm frustrated by this but it doesn't completely keep me from doing the things I like best. One of the things that I like to do is take a road trip to see the fall colors in Tennessee.


Cherokee National Forest fall color 2011
Driving through the mountains is a relaxing way to enjoy nature and let the pressures of the office melt away. These photos were taken on the way the Ocoee Whitewater Center. Color isn't showing there as well as it was near the tops of the mountains. This still make for a pretty drive and will become an even more beautiful road trip as fall rolls in.

No comments:

Post a Comment