Saturday, October 15, 2011

Megabus strands riders in Knoxville... again

Megabus strands riders in Knoxville... again.

The comment on My Megabus Experience from Knoxville to D.C. gave me deja vu. I was stranded in Knoxville in December 2010. Since then, friends and family have used the bus line without scheduling issues. In fact, I'm planning to use it again for a trip to D.C. in November.

Megabus stop at the Knoxville Transit Center
It makes me sad to find out that it happened again on October 14, 2011. The blog reader reports getting a message saying the bus would be 1 - 1/2 hours late. The stranded rider waited until 2:00 am for a bus that never came.

I phoned the company this morning about the Megabus from Knoxville to D.C. route. 'Annie' was aware of the problem. She said that riders can catch the 10:30 am bus this morning (October 15, 2011). I was also told that a 4:00 pm bus would be arriving today.

She didn't mention if riders were eligible for refunds or what recourse they might have.

Adding insult to injury is that customer closes at 11:00 pm. There is no way to get information after that time about anything unforeseen that might arise. It was frustrating then and had to be frustrating for the riders stranded in Knoxville last night.


Read my experience about getting a refund from Megabus. My suggestion to the riders stranded in Knoxville is to keep contacting them until you receive your money back. The process for me to get a refund took two months. The frustration was almost equal to that of being stranded in December 2010.


At the time, it didn't occur to me to send a registered letter to the company. However, if bus line strands me again I will probably send them a letter (and blog my fingers off). This is the mailing address that appears on their website and the email address I used to secure a refund.

Megabus
4400 S. Racine Ave.
Chicago, IL 60609
inquiries@megabus.com

To Knoxville Megabus riders who were stranded:

Please keep us posted on how things work out. The comments section below is always available or you can email me at youvebeenreviewed (at) gmail.com. There is so much potential for this bus line to do well here. That probably won't be the case if the route is filled with problems. Those who Megabus stranded in Knoxville last night have my sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment