Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mud Puppies

Guest post written by Rolf Tate

I was on http://www.TexasElectricityProviders.com/ the other day researching better power rates and paying bills when I heard all sorts of ruckus in the front yard. I go out only to find that our two dogs, Knox and Kaylee, are covered in mud, literally from head to toe. Now, I know you know the look I’m talking about, but it baffles me every time I see it. Somehow a dog can go from a furry little rascal to a precious human personality in minutes when they do something wrong. They both looked at me with these wide eyes and half-tucked, half-wagging tails, saying, “What? We were just playing. Sorry, mom”. Of course, I’m half trying not to laugh half trying not to cry. I don’t even know where to begin to clean them off. I go inside for towels and have a brilliant idea. Leave them. Now, I know this is a mean-wife move, but I knew Jerry was coming home within the hour, right as I had to leave for yoga. So, I did it. I took off and left those muddy babies in the yard. And came home to two clean pups. My husband is a saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment