Monday, May 07, 2012

Comparison between Direct TV and Cable

Satellite television via DirectTV was already installed when we moved into this parsonage. Hubby was almost beside himself with glee. He liked cable but really liked the idea of satellite. That is, until he remembered that I re-homed our television set before we moved in here.

We had cable for awhile at our previous address. I'm not huge fan of television but I am a huge advocate for keeping the peace. To make Hubby happy, even though my feelings on tv aren't great, I did a quick comparison between cable and dx3direct tv.

Comparing the two services isn't as easy as it should be. On the surface, cable seems to offer a little less than satellite but the wording on each became confusing pretty quickly. The frustrating process resembled a comparison of apples to oranges.

I looked at www.dx3.net and saw several packages listed. Of these, the Premium Package has the most channels. It comes with 285 channels and includes 170 + HD channels. If you sign a 24 month agreement, the cost for the first three months is $44.95 per month. I couldn’t find any place on the site that tells me what the cost becomes after the introductory period nor could I find information on installation costs.

The next thing that I did was to check with our local cable company. The Digital Preferred package offered by the cable company came in at $81.95 for 160 channels. It also tells you that not all channels are offered in all areas and that there is a $500 installation fee.

Both types of television service have their pros and cons. It looks like buyers would do well to first consider what they really want and make their decision from there. Packages and prices can vary. Above all, potential buyers should read the fine print before signing any agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment