Thursday, September 10, 2009

How to Pick Out the Right Pocket Digital Camera

How to pick out the right digital camera... I was looking at cameras in the photo section of Wal-Mart when a lady stopped me. She was in the market for a new one and had no idea how to pick out the right digital camera. Hoping I had some ideas she asked me about the one I was looking at and why I would consider it.

Hopefully, I was able to give her some pointers. There are many great digital cameras on the market today. The range of prices goes from the ultra affordable to the stratosphere. Most of us will wind up selecting something in the middle.

One of the best articles that I have read on How to Choose a Digital Camera is right here. The author isn't a camera sales person. He has no investment in trying to sell you anything. The information is useful and truly informative. You might want to give the article a try.

I really like my Kodak Easyshare C713. It's a simple point and shoot that works fine for my needs. The fully automatic setting takes a great picture. It also helps that it can take a beating and remain functional. For the days when I am feeling exceptionally brave I can play around with different settings on the camera. There are settings for low light, portraits, museum settings and a good macro setting for close up work.

The only bad thing about the camera is the way it goes through batteries. I always keep a set of rechargeable batteries handy. These turn out to not only be more effective but they are less expensive over the long run. Don't forget to consider the batteries when you are exploring how to pick out the right digital camera. Some cameras have to use batteries that only go with their own particular brand. Finding replacement batteries for these digital cameras can be challenging.

For more about how to pick out a digital camera check out these links:
How to Choose a Digital Camera
http://www.wfu.edu/~matthews/misc/DigPhotog/start/camera.html
E-How - How to Choose a Digital Camera

No comments:

Post a Comment