Friday, March 18, 2011

Don't lose your garage door opener while on vacation


Take it from me, there’s one thing that you don’t want to do when you’re going on vacation. Don’t lose the garage door opener. Put it someplace safe and leave it there for  your entire trip.

My traveling PT Cruiser
My PT Cruiser is a wonderful car. It’s gotten me there and back on several road trips. We’ve been to the Outer Banks, Florida, Alaska and a few other places. I love everything about the car except for one little thing. There’s not a good place to put the garage remote.

On one of our family road trips we packed the car and the kids. We had backpacks, suitcases, laptops and everything else that’s needed for a Walt Disney World vacation. It’s safe to say that everyone had a blast!

We arrive home late at night. We’re tired, exhausted and glad to be home. As I pulled into the driveway I reached up for the garage door opener. Then, I kept reaching. The next day we unloaded the car, looked behind the seats and in every nook and cranny. No luck.

I’ve just heard about garage door openers genie. Their list of parts and supplies is impressive. Surely, there’s an opener that can work with our system. The site promises that orders are shipped that day or the next day. My garage door issues may be looking up. 

1 comment:

  1. This has never happened to me, but I sure would be an unhappy camper if it did happen. Thanks for the advice - I will take it to heart the next time I travel. rcj

    ReplyDelete