Friday, July 01, 2011

Why I've not been online much lately

I need to apologize to everyone for not being online so much lately. The area that we've moved has some of the best scenery that you will find anywhere. However, this beautiful pastoral scene comes with a few downsides.

One of those tradeoffs is internet access. I've become very used to opening my netbook and hooking up immediately to our wireless router. Pretty soon I'd hear the regular start-up noises. Pandora would begin streaming in and life was good.

The problem is that I didn't know how good internet life was until we were without it for a few days. We were told that a dish satellite service or dial up was almost all that we could get.

My back-up plan was my trusty mobile broadband provider. I absolutely love the convenience of having mobile internet. The company never let me down … until now. There is a big white 'no coverage' area right over my new home.

After some searching, Hubby found out that Verizon Wireless has coverage out here for mobile internet. We tried this a couple of years ago but thought it was too expensive. Their new plans have made it more affordable for us so were giving it another try.

My computer crashed instantly. Fortunately, we're pretty good at computer issues. A friend of mine in Texas always has to look for pc repair Houston. We were able to fix it ourselves. It figures that the software would load perfectly on Hubby's computer.

For now, I'm happily surfing away on the mobile broadband. It's performing well. I've not been bumped off once. We're going to keep my unit for the times when I'm out and about and need internet access. That should keep me contented and blogging away for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment