Saturday, October 01, 2011

Amish stores

Visting Amish stores in Tennessee can be a fun and educational experience. I enjoy my trips to the store in Berea, Kentucky and am looking forward to additional visits at locations in Tennessee. One of my favorite things about buying from these shops is the opportunity to support small businesses and the ability to buy in bulk.

Local businesses helps local economies thrive. Bulk purchasing cuts the price per item, pound or ounce down quite a bit on items that my family will use. It's a win-win situation.

The variety of products carried by the these shops keeps me coming back. They offer locally made honey, fruits and vegetables, spices, meats, cheeses and breads. Then of course there are the bulk items like grain, pastas and soup bases.

There are some Amish stores in Tennessee that look promising. I've not gotten to all of them yet but here are a few that I've found listed online. Accuracy hasn't been checked yet so please, make sure about the details before visiting.

If you find something that needs to be changed let me know. Otherwise, I'll be visiting these locations in Tennessee as my time allows. Hopefully, my schedule will let me find a few of these spots this fall. The cooler temperatures and brilliant fall colors make autumn the perfect season for a road trip.

Amish Creations and Country Market
1235 Parkway
Sevierville, TN 37862
Phone: 865.428.3111


Jerry's Amish Wagon Tours
3948 Highway 43N
Ethridge, TN 38456

Phone: 931.829.5055



Tennessee Amish Country
Amish Welcome Center
4001 Hwy. 43 N
Ethridge, TN 38456
Phone: 931.829.2433


Plain & Simple Quilts 1121 John Sharp RoadSpring Hill,  TN  37174Phone: 931.840.5522


Here's a good article with more information on Amish in Tennessee

No comments:

Post a Comment