Monday, April 09, 2012

Why a van camper conversion may fit my needs

Dreaming about where to retire is one of my favorite things to do on a road trip. Hubby and I hope to get an RV that's large enough to make us comfortable but small enough to maneuver easily. We also want one that gets reasonable gas mileage.

When the wheels stop rolling we will need to own some real estate so that we can settle down on a semi-permanent basis. It will be important to decide where we want to retire, research the housing market and talk with reputable agents.

Until then, I think that a camper van conversion or Class B RV will fit our needs. These are 15 passenger or full size vans that have been converted for traveling. Most of them have all of the comforts of home but on a smaller scale.

In a van conversion RV or a camper van the bed may pull out from a sofa. A small stove and sink are usually near the back of the home. I have also seen a van camper in use that had a half shower built into the van! The owner loved it.

Their relatively small size and weight helps them use less gas than the larger models. I don't have to worry about height and length restrictions or about towing another vehicle. The Class B or van camper conversion will go just about everywhere that I want to go, which is just about everywhere.

See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment