Monday, February 10, 2014

Traveling to Bethesda, Maryland for health reasons

By now, most of you may have heard about my latest health challenge. Blogging about my travel experiences may be temporarily impacted. Scheduling posts ahead of time should help offset any delays.

Living in East Tennessee gives me lots of unique vacation experiences to draw on. If all goes as planned, I will be be getting help from the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Depending on how I feel we may be able to visit a couple of attractions.

Even though I am going to the National Institutes of Health, we are hoping to see a few attractions in the area. It looks like there will be a break over the weekend.

Bethesda is close to the nation's capitol and accessible via the Red Line. It is close to most of the Washington, D.C. attractions.

Time and health permitting, we hope to visit:

Smithsonian Zoo
National  Arboretum
National Postal Museum

And any other sites that are close to the National Institutes of Health.

Groceries are a must. It has been suggested that we pick up produce and/or baked goods from Montgomery Farm Women's Cooperative Market. The reviews make it sound like an eclectic mix of shopping and produce. Let's hope that I will feel up to going.

How this will play out is anyone's guess. Have you got any suggestions of places or restaurants to try? If so, then I'm all ears. Sing out in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment