Friday, May 16, 2014

Where to park at the Megabus stop in Orlando

A lot of emails and questions have come in about where to park at the Megabus stop in Orlando, Florida. Disney, Universal Studios and all the attractions make Orlando one of the most popular tourism cities for families.

Megabus at Union Station, DC
I have made calls and done some checking. A complicating factor is that the stop in Orlando has moved as of yesterday, May 15. Megabus stop is now in the parking lot at 101-199 N Gertrude Ave. Riders can leave their car here but it's about 3 blocks to the LYNX Central Station.

Readers who have arrived late at night in other cities have mentioned hiring a cab.
The distance between the bus stop and parking may be short in the daytime. However; it can be long if you have children, baggage or aren't sure where you're going. This link to cab companies in Orlando may help you with that information.


Some parking locations at other Megabus stops have an unlimited set fee. The information for the stop in Orlando is proving to be illusive.

The City of Orlando Parking Division has information about city-owned lots downtown. It does not have the information on the Megabus stop but may be helpful in other ways.

If you park a car in Orlando, please come back and leave a comment about the cost. Other readers will appreciate the information.

Thanks for reading. As always, have a safe and fun trip! :-) 

Keep in mind that stops, parking and prices can and do change without notice. 
The information is current as of the date on this article.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you can get blog posts via email. Go to the top of this article and look to the left. The email sign-up box is just above the ad. As for Cheap Disney Packages, this link is the one you need. http://bit.ly/ybr_cheap_wdw

    I hope you have a great vacation. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Megabus & have been using it for approx. 3 yrs for short 1-2 day trips out of Orlando. They finally added the Tampa route but now my dilemma is to sit in Orlando's lot for 3.5 hrs for my bus (b/c that's how they orchestrated their stops-I'll be getting there the same time a bus leaves for my destination) or drive over which is a 2.5 hr dr. I called cust srvc & they can't give me even the cost of the parking. It's only an option AFTER you buy the Orlando ticket. She couldn't give me any info about the lot. Is it safe, are there restaurants nearby, etc. Important quest for a female traveling alone. (I haven't been to the Orlando stop since they moved from LYNX) So does any one know the cost for parking? Is there something I can do while waiting my 3.5 hrs, if I decide to take the bus over there? We all know FL weather, is there shelter from rain? LOL Please help, trying to leave soon. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the best/cheapest way to get from the Orlando int. airport to the Megabus

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MegaBus stop in Orlando has no parking and they don't give any recommendations. I decided to take a cab (Uber) to the closest airport parking, which is also the farthest from the airport and thus the cheapest (Park, Bark, and Fly - a 10-minute ride from the MegaBus stop). They charge about $6 per day, and the Uber ride between there and MegaBus is about $10, so for one day, you're spending about $26, but it becomes more worth it for longer stays. There are other lots in the area, but many of them don't offer overnight parking. I'm not saying this is the best option out there, because I didn't check them all, but this worked for me. I hope this information is helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good post. I will be experiencing many
    of these issues as well..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like
    you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics
    to drive the message home a bit, but other than that,
    this is great blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.

    ReplyDelete