Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Say Cheese: Sweetwater Valley Farm Cheese!

I have to preface this cheesy article by saying that I can't eat cheese, but I don’t deprive my husband of having as much of it as he wants!  To prove that fact….I saw the name Sweetwater Valley Farm on a highway billboard with the word  “cheese” and wanted to find out more information.  I went online and looked it up.  Once I realized it’s a cheese making farm, I knew we had to take a ride and check it out.

The setting is absolutely magnificent. Sweetwater Valley Farm is located on Lee Highway about mid-way between Loudon, TN and Sweetwater, TN. When you enter the store, turn around and look at the view it will blow your mind!  


Then go in and look at the varieties of cheese that they make and sell, and you can sample many of them.  If you are there long enough you could probably fill up on just samples alone!  

They do sell some other items like soda, cookies and candy, but the main business is cheese, lots and lots of cheese.  The day we went we had the dog with us in the car and it was warm so we couldn't stay very long, but we plan to do go back.  



At Sweetwater Valley Farm it’s all about the cows and the cheese…from the cows in the pasture to the packages of cheese in the store – the entire process is done right there.  It is their business and they take great care and pride in their products.

They also give tours if you are interested in the nitty-gritty of the cheese making process. So if you happen to be in that neck of the woods – stop by and check out Sweetwater Valley Farm – it will be worth the trip!  Who knows, you may run into us there!

Location:  17988 West Lee Highway, Philadelphia, TN  37846

My husband recommends the Pepperoni flavor!




No comments:

Post a Comment