Sunday, December 27, 2009

E-6000 Glue Product Review

People have been asking about the glue I use ever since I posted about the Santa Pins and necklaces on Associated Content. By far and away my favorite type of glue for this job is E6000 Industrial Strength Glue You can pick it up at Wal-Mart, AC Moore, Michael's or order it from the above link.

E-6000 is lightweight and easy to work with. Best of all, it holds like a dream. The E6000 isn't for all jobs though. It's great for jewelry like the and it's also good for general repairs on glass, ceramic, wood items - you name it!  Use it like you would any other "super" type of glue. Nothing holds better for metals and jewelry. It dries clear, withstands summer heat and cold temperatures.

The only down side to E-6000 is the odor. You want to be sure that you use the glue in a well ventilated area. Outside or near an open window works for me. In bad weather, using it in the kitchen under or near the exhaust fan helps.

Pricing is reasonable. It usually runs just over $5.00. If you keep the cap secured the tube will last for months or until the tube is finished. Just roll it up from the bottom like you would toothpaste.
I don't work for E-6000 nor do I get money from this review. I'm writing it because I enjoy the product and wanted to share the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment